Lifestyle - All Fresh in Genting Highland 03 June 2011

                                                                                                                                                                          
This roller coaster scene may be an alien ground to some travellers but it is an iconic sight to the kids and families from the causeway of Singapore, eager to flog into this paradise during each school's vacation. Of course the locals are included! I'm talking about the integrated Resort World Genting in Malaysia, a highland surrounded by tropical rainforest with breathtaking views and lots and lots of fresh air! This is one main reason why I agreed with my daughter's plead for the second trip. The Theme Park is only about an hour trip away from downtown Kuala Lumpur by car and  between 5 -6 hours journey from Singapore by coach.


About this Girl......

Looking forward to Holiday Trip during the school's vacation is always an excitement waiting to burst for my daughter, being the youngest in the family.  You get infectious by her excitement easily even weeks before the actual day to rendezvous.  At only 11, she's able to scrutinize the overwhelming tour sites for optimum budget, checking up on the  heavy flight details and hotel accommodation from the Internet.  She even took the initiative to test book a flight, fed in the necessary personal information and took care on any airport tax and luggage's charges into considerations.  At age 11 during my free time, I'm quite content with just catching spiders with my buddy. Welcome to the world of technology! My only worry was to convince her that keying in my credit card information was my call of duty. 

She picked up the trade from her mother while she's busy browsing up for tour information. I did not realise that my little darling was a fast hand until this coming holiday period.  How fortunate, now I can have two personal secretary to do the tedious cyberspace booking in future!

Like me, my elder son was smart enough to evade from any tedious task of coughing up details. We would rather stay glued on the couch, preferred to watch over our favourite TV programme and munch away any bits of leftover potato chips.

Adam will be Adam, and Eve will be Eve.






Into Highway Malaysia........Here we go!


This picture of me was taken after crossing the Malaysia custom during the wee hour. The weather was good and we totally enjoyed the 28-seats coach. Each seat was fitted with a TV console for entertainment and to kill time. The digitally-controlled inclined seat gave us enough stretch to relax our tense muscle from work.
I enjoyed the panoramic  sight of the mountain range each time I entered Malaysia. For me, the time is opportune to admire at the handicraft of our Mother Nature. For city dweller like me, there is hardly an opportunity of landscape to capture such picturesque shot in our tiny island-like country. (Click on the right picture- No swearing please!)




Halfway Along Genting Highland ...........

For a fast, economical and convenient way to travel up to Resort World Genting, travellers can use the Genting Express Bus Service available  daily from Puduraya Bus Terminal, Pasarakyat, KL Sentral Station, One Utama  and Hentian Kajang Terminal in Kuala Lumpur. The one-way adult-ticket is charged at RM9.60 and RM8.50 for a child. Daily departure starts from 7.30am on a half hourly schedule.  You may also choose to take a relaxing and scenic ride up to Genting in their Skyway cable cars.  The Genting Skyway provides breathtaking views of the surrounding hills at a moderate speed that will fine tune your emotion before reaching the destination in no time.

.A normal one-way Skyway ticket is priced at RM5.00 per person and RM10.00 for a two-way (Return) trip. Tickets are only available on the day of purchase. There are some motels available for exploration halfway up the mountain but this is convenient only for those who owned a car and intent to head up anytime to the Resort World at the peak. The scenic journey along the way did not stop here. If you are lucky enough, you may also catch a quick play of some monkeys fooling their businesses along the roadside.





Destination......REACHED!















 











Stall's Name: Vegie House, Stall 8A
      Location: At Level 2B, Kopitiam Food Court
                      First World Hotel, Genting Highland
      Te;/Fax  : 03-64363606
           Email: ericang8888@hotmail.com
Go Green and Veggie !

 Great news to all green and veggie buddy if you're new to this resort and wonder where to fill your stomach. Save your strength from searching. I've specially highlighted this stall to save you the trouble of hunting down this rare sight. I love the variety of food here. To my knowledge, it's the one and only vegetarian stall on the whole of  Resort World vicinity located inside First World Hotel.  A plate of any food here can cost for an average of RM8.00 and above, so estimate your family's budget well in advance. There is also another Chin Swee Vegetarian Restaurant 清水素食馆 open daily from 8.30am - 8.30pm located downhill at the Chin Swee Caves Temple if you don't mind the travelling. (Tel/Fax: 03-6101 1613)







Coffee Anyone?
One of my favourite English word in the top list is COFFEE. I'm not totally a coffee addict but comes quite close to it. The next morning on the second day, while trying to explore the Resort World Hotel, I stumbled upon this familiar coffee outlet known as the Old Town Coffee. The outlet here is well renovated, classy and has a cosy ambiance. Their specialty is the Asia's style  traditional toasted bread with the butter or kaya spread. I'm more interested with the varieties of mixed coffee and I'm glad that I've made the right choice! The aroma  instantly sent me to seven heaven after taking the first sip.  For the rest of the day, it was all energy and excitement throughout. It's not the best coffee in the world, but I'll certainly ordered bulk quantity when I returned to Singapore. Funny, how I missed all that  back home.